Thursday, April 23, 2015

Review: Blippo

 

After waffling for a month or so, I decided to put an order into Blippo.com, a Japan and kawaii shop! Their selection is quite large: Arpakasso, Hello Kitty, San-X, Pocky, etc. Pretty much, if it's cute, small, and can fit in a purse or be an accessory, Blippo has it. The price point is what drew me in: less than 10 USD and free shipping. Super easy to get hooked and buy hella merchandise.

I ordered a strawberry pouch and chocolate stickers on March 12, 2015 and received my order yesterday, April 22, 2015. Their website promoted 1-3 weeks shipping and since I was ordering close to when Easter packages would be sent out, I figured late arrival. Free shipping = no tracking. I've been around the block with online shopping. If I can, I choose to track a package, but I wanted to be cheap and not pay extra.

I was notified same day that my order shipped (I binge bought around midnight). Once the first week of April passed, I assumed my package would arrive any day. When this didn't happen, I emailed the company last week. Essentially, they included a bunch of smiley faces, noted my order shipped March 13, 2015, and said hopefully my package would arrive soon. I was hoping they'd put more effort into a lost package; maybe they had forgotten to send the package (this has happened way more to me than it should). Something other than, "That sucks. Have a nice day! :)"

Here's where things get weird. The homepage has a default USD currency and the company info has a US address. There is a tab on the side explaining their shop in Europe. Everything ships from their Hong Kong warehouse. The package says to return to Singapore if undelivered. WAT. I can't say I'm surprised it took this long after doing more research.

I've ordered from Asian countries and I know the time frame for packages. Advertising 1-3 week shipping to the US is borderline bogus, considering items ship from Hong Kong. I have yet to experience that quick of shipping from an Asian country. BUT, I want to order from Blippo again with tracking and see how that works out.

The quality of the items is a lot better than what I was expecting, especially the strawberry pouch. I checked the actual measurements to the website--many Asian websites say to expect a few centimeters difference--and they were a match. Unfortunately, my bento box doesn't fit (I mis-measured, whoops) and there is a big dark mark on the green bits. (´口`*)I haven't opened the chocolate stickers, but they're so cute! 

No comments :

Post a Comment