Friday, April 3, 2015

Crystals

Very recently, I began studying-slash-researching crystals. They're a super fad and one I like for both belief they will work and their aesthetic appeal. There is, after all, historical importance with crystals and gems. I guess, part of my interest is similar to collecting rocks--I want the pretty colors and none of the dull, ugly ones.  I really like the energy aspect; like a conduit. Give 'em some serious ~vibes~ and whala, the crystals will help with whatever they are directed to do.

The crystal grids are an interesting concept. From my experience, similar practices require a specific placement like tarot and runes. With what I've read, crystal grids can be whatever shape so long as a specific number is present. To quote Crystal Wind, "A grid is formed by making a geometric pattern with crystals, which can be tumbled stones, or natural rough stones. The pattern can be any design you like - a Star of David which is the most popular, a Reiki symbol, a pentagram or another symbol of your choosing. A basic grid consists of 4, 5, 6, or 7 stones - 1 in the centre and the rest making the design. To charge and empower your grid you can use a selenite, rose or crystal quartz wand, or you can energize your grid with Reiki, Dowsing, or whatever feels right and works best for you."


Thinking about it now, if the intent is there, most anything could work. Which is another facet that drew me in. The idea of using intent to, I suppose, do magic is alluring to say the least. Not having to place crystals in specific places removes the pressure and allows for me to relax and actually focus. I am so happy crystal shrines exist. They are beautiful, functional decor that I am all about. I haven't ordered crystals yet; undecided as to what I'd like to get first. Essentially, rocks, sand, or some other material can be used to support the crystals and literally anything else can be worked around them. Ideally, similarly infused items would be used. 

I don't know nearly enough as I prefer and hopefully, the information I've provided is accurate. Happy reading, practicing, and viewing. Below, I've included crystal sets, meanings, and altars. Enjoy!





via nsmbl.nl










No comments :

Post a Comment