Thursday, April 9, 2015

New hair ! / / 新しい髪


For years and years I had long ass hair. I'm confident this is because, as a kid, my mother got tired of cutting hairbands out. Naturally, around third-ish grade, she had mine and my sister's (twins gotta have all the same shit, you know) chopped off to ugly bobs with ugly bangs. I was so mad I refused to go to school and told everyone my mother was a horrible person. All the teachers cooed but I could tell there was some serious side-eyein' from fellow classmates. So. No more short hair.

Until fifth grade when I turned to a pixie cut. At the time, I was attempting a  Mia Farrow, Rosemary's Baby 'do. The thing is A) I had no concept of style or product and B) my hair is curly. What happens when curly hair is cut short? It waves or curls like no other. Particularly, mine waves like a fucking Pringle. IT'S SO HORRIBLE. I hated my hair for the longest. I did the same thing again, freshman year. That time, I was constantly bullied about being a "gay man with boobs". WAT. 




The point is, I didn't think I'd ever jump on the short hair bandwagon. Sure, in the last six years or so, I'd pin'd and Tumblr'd short hairstyles, but oh no, never for me! I'd also pin'd a lot of ombre (remember when that was huge?), bubblegum pink, and mint colored hair. I decided to go lavender. Well, at first, I wanted a silver, but that wasn't going as well as expected didn't go at all how I envisioned.

I followed none of the rules about dyeing hair and damaged the shit out of my ends. The result was porous hair that couldn't keep color: the lavender washed out within the week and when I attempted to return brown, that faded within the month. So sad!

After I moved home, I admitted defeat and decided to cut into an asymmetrical bob, styled after Bey and I loved it. Then I saw Lady Luck and her gorgeous hair. Mine didn't quite turn out and I hated my bangs for a while and once that grew out into a hot mess revisited my Mia Farrow fantasy. I started Pinterest hoppin', looked at pixie undercuts for a minute, then decided on my current style.

 

No comments :

Post a Comment