Monday, March 23, 2015

Snail Mail ! ! !



When I was in kindergarten, we had a mail box system in our classroom. It was this plastic monstrosity that had awesome stationary and stamps (to a six year old!) and a mailbox. We could write letters to each other and our teacher would hand them out at the end of class. I would write myself blank letters so I could keep all the paper. I still have an affinity for paper goods, but I'd try not to buy them, because I didn't have a use--until now. 

I've always thought the idea of having a pen pal who I could send gifts and cute letters and become great friends with was lovely and sort of a dream (in a life list/bucket sort of way). Now, I'm content to have letters sent to me at all. Recently, I've gotten into the pen pal world and I'm including the tumblr sites I like. Woohoo!




The Place for Pen PalsHello and this is The Place for Pen Pals. We are a community that tries to be safe as we can, we post ads and share stories to help people find their perfect pen pal. Our goal is that everyone experiences snail mail or an email buddy or even a skype friend that will be your friend for not just tomorrow but for the years to come. Why not give us a try and become part of a family. // All of the ads are fabulous! They're long from what I've seen of other pen pal sites and this is great! It's much easier to find someone with similar interests than slugging through long conversations that turn into nothing. :(

*PenshipHELLO! And welcome! If you are searching for a pen pal you are in the right place! // This tumblr has an in depth tag system that I haven't found elsewhere and this is where I've found the majority of my pen pals.

Letters and Gifts: This is a place where you’ll be able to find the perfect pen pal. Submit your information: picture, name, age, where you live, your interests, and/or your perfect pen pal. // Not too popular but there are so many gems! I've found a friend or two and the response and ad posting time is very quick.

Searching the tags for pen pal, snail mail, or penpal results in a slew of other tumblrs--including for French enthusiasts and teenage pen pals. Email pals are popular too (shoutout to Thuc from Germany!).  Remember: be safe, don't give out too much personal info, and it's okay to say no if you are uncomfortable.



No comments :

Post a Comment