Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Review : Shop Miss A




Miss A // Review!
Miss A is an online accessory and beauty retailer with everything $1 and a flat rate shipping. Yeah-yuh. Obviously, the quality isn't expected to be too hot, considering, again, $1 items. As I am one for cheap stuff, I went ahead and put an order in. In total (l-r), I bought: makeup bag, eye necklace, bow dust plug, zit zapper, lengthening & volumizing mascara, lip stain, under eye concealer, all over stick, and undies.
Shipping: 14-18 days. Their homepage does say processing will take up to a week+, so standard shipping. As the image suggests, everything was wrapped in tissue paper, bubble wrapped, and wrapped into a larger bag. Unless clothing specific items, I hate when orders are shipped outside a box, considering the postal service's propensity to rough handle packages--I didn't want anything to break.

Colored Mesh Cosmetic Pouch | ☆☆☆.5

This bag is a nice, thick, tight mesh! Refreshing, 'cause I assumed the mesh would be easily rip-able and I'd get minimal use. :((( The color is bright, a mirror (albeit tiny) is included, and the overall size isn't terrible. BUT, the zipper is hella weak. There's no zip-quick-n-go that higher quality makeup bags give and the zipper sticks on the end. I'm expecting to get well over a month's wear.

Dainty Colored Evil Eye Necklace | ☆☆☆☆
I'm actually impressed with this lil' thing. The O-ring attached to the eye is sturdy as is the chain--super thin, though! Be careful removing from the packaging, because I know people have a tendency to just rip, but that will break the chain. I am not, however, worried the chain will break while wearing. I know how it is, buyin' dollar jewelry off Ebay, only to have the damn thing break straight off. RIP cute accessories! The actual eye doesn't look sloppy either.

Solid Bow Cell Phone Dust Plug | ???
Um. I absolutely underestimated the size of this dust plug, even though that's an Iphone pictured (I have an S3, so...). Now, the plastic is legit and it fit, but I have an Otterbox. In my excitement, I forgot to factor that in. I'm sure, once I get a different case, the plug will fit, but for now, it's too big with this specific case. /sigh.

e.l.f. Essential Zit Zapper | ☆☆☆☆
I've  been wearing this for approximately one hour. Four stars? Really??? I have my reasons. This thing smells like bug spray (disconcerting), feels like Aloe, and doesn't burn. The importance of this last part is important--I have sensitive skin which makes or breaks a product. Some reviews suggest this will leave reddened skin, but so far so good. The back of the package states, "unique blend of Salicylic Acid, Tea Tree, Witch Hazel, and Camphor". You rub it on, like rolly-lipgloss and let it do it's thing. From what I've witnessed, the redness goes down and skin feels soft. It seems like a go-to for when a zit/blemish/etc. is about to show up or is in those early stages.

Girls Talk Lengthening and Volumizing Mascara | ☆☆☆☆☆ !
Smells great. A lot of makeup has that gross smell. We all know what I'm talking about. There's nothing specific about this one though, but it's a healthy scent. The packaging is cute, I like the colors. There aren't ingredients though--not cool. Even if I don't know what all ingredients do, I can compare/figure out what higher quality (and let's be honest, safe) mascara has. Both do their job and my eyelashes look delightful. I double 'em up (both mascara in one sitting) and lashes can get a bit wet, so watch out for that. The applicator isn't long; I had to do two swipes to get all my lashes. I like a lot o'room to apply, what can I say?

Muuaaah! Lip Stain | ☆
Don't bother? It's wrapped (I like to know no one used it before sending it on its way). That's all for positive. The pigment is off, the applicator is like a literal marker, the color isn't consistent. I had high hopes. :'( Lip stains are easier for me to wear, since they don't smear or fade over the day, but this is a mess. I've had two applications to get a solidish foundation and I still have color lines. I have dollar lipstick with better results.

Morning Confession Eye Roll On Concealer | ☆☆☆.75
Shake that shit. Go on for about 30 seconds before attempting use. Even then, applying is a little spotty. It does a decent job, even better when combined with the all over stick. I have crazy raccoon eyes all day every day and this actually brightens 'em up. No burning as well! I've bought dollar eye bag control and burnt the fuck outta my underlids. So you know, good job Miss A. There's no packaging and ingredients are on the back. As for smell, a baby powder/lotion. I'm having a love-hate relationship with Kleancolor. Merp.

e.l.f. Essential All Over Color Stick | ☆☆☆.5
I can't tell if the color is too light. I'm not good with the whole concealer/bronzer situation, but it blended well over my eyes. Not so much for the blemish on my cheek. I do have the same kind in light beige which is a better over-all. Props to smell (citrus), application ease, compatibility with other products. The stick does have a bit of a shimmer (I'm getting too old for face shimmer) and doesn't soak well into the skin--after hours of wear, it still comes off on my hand, but that could be an error in application on my end?

Contrast Color Back Keyhole Panty | ☆☆☆☆.5
Cutie patootie! The keyhole isn't as big as the image suggests. Most of the seams are finished perfectly, except for a few stragglers with longer strings. The tag reads 95% Cotton, 5% Spandex, where the website lists COTTON/SPANDEX/POLYESTER. Here's the truth: The piping is spandex, the body a cotton and polyester blend. The production is far better than RUE21 and much more than what I was expecting. I'm not saying it's super elite, but still comfortable and cute. A word of warning: there is a tag attached around the bow. Rip or cut the entire bit off if ya'll don't like the bow, but it's awkward for those of us who want to keep it (actually, I can't decide if I want to cut it off).

Overall: Acceptable quality for cheap prices. The site images make it hard to tell how a product will come out and there's never a guarantee. I will be a returning customer, but I suggest, for first timers, search out reviews and if you notice a pattern with certain brands Miss A carries, avoid 'em.

No comments :

Post a Comment